Make a Symbolic Eastern Lowlands Gorilla adoption to help save some of the world’s most endangered animals from extinction and support conservation efforts. #10billionandbust
- Soft plush version of your adopted animal (for age 3 and up)
- Size – 8in H X 6in W X 5in L
- Feel – Soft & cuddly, stuffed w hypoallergenic fiber fill
- Beautiful Detailing
- Realistic Appearance
- 5″ x 7″ formal adoption certificate
- 5″ x 7″ full-color framed photo of your species
There were nearly 17,000 eastern lowland gorillas in the mid-1990s but scientists estimate that the population has declined by more than 50% since then. A census could not be carried out for many years because of violence in the region.
Years of civil unrest in the country have also taken a serious toll on the gorillas.Throughout the protracted conflicts, gorillas have been vulnerable to poaching. Even Kahuzi-Biega National Park, which is home to the largest population of protected eastern lowland gorillas, could not offer them a safe haven: rebels and poachers invaded the park and people set up illegal mines.
SOURCE: Wildlife World Fund